District heat is suitable for all types of buildings: detached houses, apartment blocks, commercial premises, office and service buildings, and for industrial heating needs. It is possible to join as a district heating customer if there is already a district heating network in the area or if one is being planned. It is always worth asking the local district heating company about the possibility of joining as a customer.
The district heating company will submit a quote on the costs of connection and use on the basis of the basic information of the building. It is possible to connect both old and new buildings to the district heating network as the equipment does not need a lot of space. District heat raises the value of the property. Therefore, it is also an investment in the future.
Find your nearest district heating company
Select your home town from the following list. When you want to find out whether you can join the district heating network, please contact a district heating company operating in your home town or municipality. The list includes all member companies of Finnish Energy Industries.
Connecting to the district heating network is easy. First, contact your local district heating company. They will provide you with help and advice for all stages of joining.
The customer will sign a written heat contract with the district heating company. The district heating company and the customer will agree on the construction schedule and the route of the branch line. The customer’s HVAC designer will draw up a district heating plan, on the basis of which the customer can request for a quote from contractors and suppliers of heat distribution centres. Some district heating companies offer a turnkey service, which means that the company will be responsible for the acquisition and installation of the customer equipment. The district heating company will inspect the plans, dimensioning and installations of new district heating equipment and provide assistance in its use.
Check list for joining as a district heating customer:
1) Contact your local district heating company.
2) You will receive an offer and further information about district heating.
3) Check that the HVAC plans are in order and draw up a time schedule.
4) Sign the heat contract with the district heating company.
5) The district heating company will inspect the plans.
6) Request quotes from heat contractors and suppliers of the heat distribution centre.
7) The district heating company builds the branch line and installs the metering equipment.
8) The heat contractors install the heat distribution centre and provide instructions on its use.
9) The district heating company inspects the installations.
10) The district heating company is happy to provide instructions during commissioning.